Inspiring people and building great relationships are key strengths of mine.
In April 2013, following the birth of our second child, an opportunity arose to work with Niki Schuck. The emphasis Niki places on going the extra mile for clients really resonated with me, coupled with the variety and scope of work, I couldn’t wait to say yes.
My work with NSPR involves clients in both New Zealand and Australia and covers a wide variety of sectors including entertainment, health and travel. I am also involved with the talent we manage and have a natural affinity for event management.
Prior to joining NSPR I spent 12 years with House of Travel. Within that time I was responsible for the initial creation, subsequent development and implementation of the South Pacific and Weddings product strategy. In addition to this throughout my career I had overall responsibility for the management, product and marketing strategy, financial profitability and leadership of the Pacific and later the USA/Canada and Australia teams with a collective turnover in excess of $70 million. Adding value to the customers experience by thinking outside the square and maintaining excellent supplier relationships was critical to my success. In a highly competitive market, thinking of new ways to surprise and delight customers and suppliers was also the key to ensuring House of Travel stayed ahead of their competition.
Following House of Travel, I spent time at SKYCITY – initially undertaking a three-month contract role as Events and Entertainment Manager to deliver on three key events – Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Chinese New Year. Tight timeframes meant I had a hands-on approach to ensure exceptional results whilst working within pre-determined financial constraints.
My ability to dance on an ever-changing carpet ensured my career with SKYCITY continued as Publicity and PR Manager. I was responsible for creating and delivering on the publicity strategy, initiating and identifying opportunities to consistently promote positive brand messages to drive business results across the 23 bars and restaurants, two hotels, Sky Tower and the Convention Centre. This was achieved by strategically identifying key media partners and thinking differently when pitching story angles and ideas to appropriate channels. Gaining commitment, trust and buy-in have ensured my success while importantly bringing those with me on the journey.
What else you should know about Lynda
- My husband Simon and I have three gorgeous young boys, Carter, Cody and Tyler
- I have extreme tenacity – giving up is never an option; I will always find a way!
- I can think big picture, yet be action orientated
- During my travel career, I was known as “the Queen of the South Pacific”
- I have a passion for travelling and experiencing new things – a white Christmas and taking the kids on an African Safari is top of our ‘must do’ list
- Creating fantastic memories and sharing good times with family and friends are important to me
- I love dinner parties and social entertaining, the perfect excuse to indulge in a glass or two of fine wine.